Southern Appalachian Blue Ride Mountains
- Title: Southern Appalachian Blue Ride Mountains
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Western North Carolina
- Nearest Town: Roan Mountain
- Brief Directions: Bakersville, NC to Carver's Gap, TN. Hike the Appalachian Trail over Round Bald, Engine Gap, and Janes Bald to a spur trail to Grassy Bald.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This particular composition is gained by hiking to the end of Grassy Ridge, a spur trail off of the Appalachian Trail near Carver's Gap, Tennessee, and facing West away from the rising sun. The lighting in the morning hours is extremely good with a rear-side orientation that places soft light in all the right places and really shows great definition on the distant mountain ridges and valleys. After a terribly cold and soggy evening of camping on the balds, it was a real pleasure to see the sun come out and dry things up a bit!
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35 mm, 2-stop GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 89 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!