- Title: Palisade Falls
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gallatin National Forest
- Nearest Town: Bozeman
- Brief Directions: From Bozeman drive south on 19th Street 5 miles to Hyalite Canyon Road. Go south on Hyalite Canyon road 20 miles to Forest Road - Go west one mile to Palisades Falls Picnic Area and trailhead.
- GPS Longitude: -110.931658
- GPS Latitude:
- Description: Palisades Falls is a beautiful 80 foot waterfall reached by walking through towering Engelmann Spruce and Red Fir. Palisades Falls is the result of a prehistoric lava flow, complete with massive hexagonal basalt columns similar to those found at the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland and other locations around the world.
Rather than post the usual shot of the main falls I opted for including this area with "The" falls in the background(about 50 yards). Besides being a more appealing composition I loved the assortment of basalt rocks in this slide area.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 Pro, RRS Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 33 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!