- Title: Timeless Beauty
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson Hole
- Brief Directions: From Jackson Hole go north on Rt. 89 to the overlook turnout on the left.
- GPS Longitude: 43.754357
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The view from the Snake River overlook is a classic scene that all serious landscape photographers are familiar with. This particular evening there were about 20 other shooters at the overlook. I liked this composition at the time because it included the colorful foliage and flowers in the foreground. Looking through the viewfinder I liked the line of layers from foreground to background. The high contrast in the scene meant a bracketed set would be the best way to get detail in the deep shadows.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, Nikon Polarizer, tripod, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 123 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!