Sandscape-Moss Landing Beach
- Title: Sandscape-Moss Landing Beach
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monterey Bay
- Nearest Town: Moss Landing
- Brief Directions: Moss Landing is a small, working harbor on Monterey Bay between Monterey and Santa Cruz, California. It's the home of MBARI, the Monterey Bay Aquarium Institute and a number of other marine research facilities. It's also the entrance to the Elkhorn Slough, a seven mile long tidal salt marsh and wildlife habitat. The slough is home to over 340 species of birds.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: We went to Moss Landing Harbor at dawn one spring morning to photograph sea otters and other wildlife in the area. Having no luck (due, in part, to not having a long enough lens), I went to the beach nearby just as dawn was breaking. A rare coastal morning with no marine layer created the contrast of light and shadows on the sand.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm at 31mm, Gitzo Mountaineer tripod with RRS BH 55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 86 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!