- Title: Bonsai At The Lake
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Tahoe
- Nearest Town: South Lake Tahoe
- Brief Directions: 20 miles north of South lake tahoe and about 1/2 mile south of Sand Harbor
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: My Wife and I drove up to Tahoe for the presidents day weekend to ski, was a nice drive as we avoided most of the traffic near Sacramento but as we got closer to Tahoe I realized that it was winter and the sunset time is early so I hurried us to our hotel checked in and I darted to bonsai rock. Last time I was here was couple of years back so I had a little sense of direction but when i got closer i mistakenly parked at a pullout about 3/4 south of the trailhead, I looked around to find the trail head but what looked like a trail was not really a trail (which i realized later) as i descended down the path towards the lake its a steep 100 ft -150 ft descent I ended with big boulders blocking my view of the lake I tried climbing through them to get a view and after some struggle, scratches and a cut on my palm (some rocks are sharp even though they dont look the part) I could see Bonsai rock to north of me so I hiked across many boulders ,shrubs snow to get to this spot right in time for sunset.
quickly took out my brand spanking new D800E and scrambled to get a composition.
- Gear: Nikon D800E Nikon 16-35 mm, 3 stop HS ND filter , 2 stop Rev Grad ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 88 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!