The Prestige (low Fog Over Mesquite Dunes)
- Title: The Prestige (low Fog Over Mesquite Dunes)
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: A rare event as low fog rolls by the Mesquite Dunes in Death Valley National Park. We drove in around 3:30am and it was still raining. The moon was bright above the clouds which gave enough light to see faint white streaks in the distance. I knew it had to be fog but it was so dark. After it stopped raining we got out of the car and I took a test shot and I flipped out. WE HAVE FOG! We huddled in the car for a little longer and then trekked out for sunrise. After wandering around I was lucky enough to find a decent spot to post up. Such a peaceful, magical, happy, rewarding moment I'll never forget.
- Gear: Canon 5D MKII, 17-40mm, B+W 10 stop filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 471 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!