- Title: Zen Garden
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Baker
- Brief Directions: From Baker drive about 35 miles north to Harry Wade road. Take Harry Wade road 6 miles then turn on Saratoga Springs road, you'll see the dune field to the south.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sand dunes can be the most peaceful place on the planet, if you can find the right ones. All of them have the magic ability to soak up sound and render the landscape breathlessly quiet. But few of them have the same feeling of pristine isolation as the Ibex Dunes in the southern part of Death Valley. Every time I visit them I experience peace and quiet in a whole new way.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 462 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!