- Title: Twilight Falls
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Schofield Pass
- Nearest Town: Crested Butte
- Brief Directions: Drive north from Crested Butte on Forest Road 137 about 18 miles to ghost town of Gothic, then continue another 6 to 8 miles along the east fork of the Crystal River. Good sites along the route.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Perched on the edge of this stream, straining for an extra inch to get the angle I wanted for the composition, I was also aware that the light was changing rapidly and any minute I might lose the color that was washing the clouds overhead. With my 100 ISO film I didn't have a lot of leeway with the exposure and there was a lot of dynamic range to deal with.
- Gear: Pentax 67ii, 55 mm lens, 2 stop soft edge GND filter, Fuji Provia 100 film, Gitzo 1348 CF tripod with Bogen 3047 head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1504 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!