- Title: Bishop Pass Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: South Lake, Ca
- Nearest Town: Bishop, Ca
- Brief Directions: Take Highway 168 west out of Bishop to and turn left onto South Lake Rd. Park at the trailhead at South Lake and hike 5-6 miles until you get to the top of Bishop Pass.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: After a hard day of working to build a reroute on the trail with the USFS up to Bishop Pass I decided to go up to the top of the pass for sunset.
This photo was taken at about 12,000 feet looking down into the Bishop Creek drainage. The lakes from closest to background are Bishop Lake, Saddlerock Lake, and Long Lake. On the right you can see Chocolate Peak and in the background is Mt. Humphreys and Mt. Tom and in the far background you can see the Glass Mountains.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, Canon EF 24-70L, Singh Ray Galen Rowell 3 stop soft GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 108 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!