Moon & Kilauea Lava Glow
- Title: Moon & Kilauea Lava Glow
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: abandoned Royal Gardens subdivision, near the easternmost boundary of Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park.
- Nearest Town: Pahoa
- Brief Directions: Guided hike from Kalapana viewing area.
the "Big Island"
- Description: This photo was shot, with an eight second exposure, by complete moonlight! We hiked across this lava field for 1.5hrs through sporadic rain showers and fog; but did not make it to see the lava flow up close. On our way back the clouds parted and an almost full moon appeared to light this scene. I still can’t believe how much this photo looks like daylight!
- Gear: Nikon D80, Sigma 17-70, Tripod, wireless remote release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 187 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!