- Title: Apapane Flight
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kaloko Mauka, Hualali
- Nearest Town: Kona
- Brief Directions: Near the end of Kaloko Mauka,
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This area is in a wet forest near the top of a dormant volcano on the big island of Hawaii. This image was taken from a vantage point that is even with the top of the canopy where the birds are very active and feed on nectar. The brilliant red/crimson Apapane birds are endemic to Hawaii and are only found in altitudes above 4.100 feet, and under certain environmental conditions.
- Gear: Canon 7D 500mm F/4 Wimberly Sidekick Sirui Carbon Fiber Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 569 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!