Minaret Lake Sunrise
- Title: Minaret Lake Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mammoth Lakes, Ca
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Lakes, Ca
- Brief Directions: From Mammoth Lakes, Ca take Minaret Road down to the Devils Postpile trailhead. Hike roughly 8 miles following the trail markers to Minaret Lake.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: One of my favorite backcountry lakes in the Eastern Sierra. On my third and final day here without a decent sunrise I awoke early to rain beating on my tent and the wind howling. I was disheartened but decided to venture out into the weather just in case. After all it was my last day here and had nothing to loose. Miraculously a small hole broke in the clouds and created this spotlighting on the Minarets and the wind calmed enough the capture the indian paintbrush without any blur.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, Canon 17-40L, Galen Rowell Singh Ray 3 stop hard GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1234 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!