Painting With Wind
- Title: Painting With Wind
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ibex Sand Dunes, Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Baker
- Brief Directions: Drive north from Baker about 30 minutes to Harry Wade Road, take that about 6 miles to Saratoga Springs road, you'll see the dune field off to the right.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Truth be told, I'm not much of an abstract shooter. I just love grand vistas and soaring landscapes. But sand dunes are such amazing studies in lines, light, color, and textures that it's easy to lose yourself in these elements. The way that light and shadow feather so gracefully around the curves of the dunes is pure magic. The smoothness and subtleties can be so perfect they almost look like they were painted in. And it was these tones and textures which caught my eye and camera in this shot.
- Gear: Nikon D300s, Tokina 12-24mm, Manfrotto Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee GND Filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 4544 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!