- Title: Red Fox
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Intersection of highways 36 and 287
- Nearest Town: Broomfield, CO
- Brief Directions: The building where the fox had its den is located in an area between the Flatirons Crossing shopping mall and the Interlocken tech center.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This red fox had just delivered some food to its pups in a den situated under the stairs of a long-vacant building on a low hill, surrounded by an empty parking lot. I spotted the foxes' activity as I was driving by on my way to visit my daughter and her family. I cautiously stopped my car, propped my camera on my tripod and crouched as close to the ground as I could, partially obscured by the fender of my car. The fox watched me and my car with a calm curiosity. I took the photo and carefully exited the area to avoid stressing the fox and the pups.
- Gear: Camera with long lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 93 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!