- Title: Flower Power
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Carrizo Plain National Monument
- Nearest Town: California Valley
- Brief Directions: The Carrizo Plain is located in southeast San Luis Obispo County and can be reached by highway 166 or 58 to Soda Lake Road which cuts through the center of the Monument.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: In spring, when the winter rains have been average or above and the spacing between the rainy days has been adequate you will find the valley floor of the Carrizo Plain bursting in color. This shot was taken at sunset as the sun droped behind the Caliente Mountain Range behind me shading the flowers in soft even light but still high enough to illuminated the Temblor Mountian Range and clouds in the background in soft pastel hues. See more images from this trip at www.GregClurePhotography.com.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, EF17-40L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 228 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!