- Title: Ancient Scribe
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Chalk Bluff
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Brief Directions: The Chalk Bluffs are located just north of Bishop off of Highway 6, take the Five Bridges Rd to Chalk Bluff Road.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A long search of the Chalk Bluff escarpment just north of Bishop landed me at this quite large and impressive petroglyph panel with views of the Eastern Sierras. The sun dropped behind Mount Tom and illuminated the underside of the high stratus clouds a bright orange-red making for a beautiful background along with the mountain range complementing the stunning petroglyph panel foreground. See more images from this trip at www.GregClurePhotography.com
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, EF17-40 f/4L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 571 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!