Little Lakes Valley At Dawn
- Title: Little Lakes Valley At Dawn
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Tom's Place
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I had photographed this location a few times before with 35mm but wanted to reshoot it with medium format. I had been checking on the bloom weeks ahead of time and then a day earlier to get the peak of the bloom. I shot two mornings. The first one there were no clouds and wind ripple on the lake. That evening there were some thunderstorms so I hoped for some residual clouds the next morning. I had a three mile run above 10,000 feet with headlamp to make it on time. I was amazed when I arrived to find no wind, peak bloom, some debri clouds, and no sun blocking clouds to the east. So many components coming toghether and with film I was sweating it on getting the right expoure and depth of field!
- Gear: Pentax 67, fujichrome Velvia, 55mm F4, Singray 3 stop grad, Manfrotto tripod.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 785 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!