Frozen Pond-thanksgiving Eve
- Title: Frozen Pond-thanksgiving Eve
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Nearest Town: Shaver Lake
- Brief Directions: This frozen pond is 200 yards from our home in the Central Sierra Nevada.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This frozen pond is 200 yards from our home in the Central Sierra Nevada. I had been on the shore of this pond five days earlier photographing mallards making the best of the last days of fall. Three days of snow and drastically lower temperatures transformed the pond into this winter scene. Shooting towards the southwest, the purple sky is an accurate representation of the sunset, which occurred 10 minutes before I took this shot.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 267 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!