A Goldenrod Brunch
- Title: A Goldenrod Brunch
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Orlando
- Nearest Town: Christmas
- Brief Directions: From Interstate 95 in Titusville, take State Road 50 west to the small town of Christmas. Turn right on Fort Christmas Road, then bear to the right where the road forks onto Wheeler Road. After about a mile, Orlando Wetlands Park will be on your left.
- Description: I know you can find a picture anywhere if you look hard enough, but this November morning found me completely unmotivated, even in an area I hadn't visited in awhile. After about 2.5 miles of hiking, I came upon this patch of goldenrod. I approached it with the idea of playing around with flower images, when I noticed several species of bees and wasps were busy gathering pollen. I got down in the middle of the flower patch and started following different bees, trying not to annoy them! This image shows American bumblebees, honeybees, and a thread-waisted wasp (Ammophila species).
- Gear: Canon 40D, 28-105mm lens, fill-flash, handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 77 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!