Just One More Before I Go
- Title: Just One More Before I Go
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Brief Directions: From I-15 just north of St. George, take Hwy.9 East, or north of Kanab on Hwy. 89, take Hwy. 9 West.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Hiking the Narrows with the Aperture Academy team on a very cold and rainy day...we even had sleet and snow now and then. As the rain continued throughout the day, the river rose and the current became a bit stronger. The water was up to my chest in a couple of places, but only a couple of us took a slip and everyone came away without injury.
This was one of the few shots I managed to get on the hike and the last one going out. By this time my lens kept fogging up...I tried one shot and it was really misty on the top half. So I wiped the lens and tried another shot, but it was misty on the bottom! Everyone was crossing the river to my right and I also needed to go with my group, so I packed it up and thought it was wasted time.
At home on my computer I could see that if I blended the two shots I could get rid of most of the mist. It still has a bit of an Ortonish look to it, but I decided I liked the overall soft feel to it.
- Gear: Pentax K-7; Pentax 16-50mm; Hoya CP
This Photo Has Been Viewed 213 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!