- Title: Coyote Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Flats, Eastern Sierra, Ca
- Nearest Town: Bishop, Ca
- Brief Directions: Take West Line Street out of Bishop. Take a left onto Reata Road and then a right on Coyote Valley Road. Take this road roughly 30 miles on a rough dirt road up to around 10,000 feet over the western ridge.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: While working for the USFS (United States Forest Service) we spent a total of 18 days up in the Coyote Flat area of the Eastern Sierra repairing/stabilizing creek crossing in the rough dirt road. On this day we had to stop working and take cover numerous times throughout the day as lightning was presenting a clear danger. At sunset the storm pushed southeast allowing the western sky to clear enough to produce this amazing sunset light on this massive storm cloud.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, Canon 17-40L, Galen Rowell Singh Ray 3 stop hard GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 319 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!