- Title: Coyote Falls
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Nearest Town: Escalante
- Brief Directions: From Escalante drive down Hole in the Rock road to Red Well trailhead. Hike in about 9 miles.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Call me impulsive, but sometimes I plan trips based only on a single photo of a place. The first time I did this I visited L'ile de la Reunion in the middle of the Indian Ocean, all because of an amazing photo by Yann Arthus Bertrand. More recently I decided to backpack through Coyote Gulch, Utah, thanks to a spectacular shot by Michael Anderson. The Gulch did not disappoint: soaring walls, massive amphitheaters, gigantic rock arches, and even a waterfall or two. Truly a southwest paradise.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24mm, Manfrotto Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee GND Filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 226 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!