- Title: Racing Stripes
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Nearest Town: Escalante
- Brief Directions: From Escalante take Hole in the Rock road about 8 miles to an unmarked parking area just past a cattle guard. From there it's about a three mile hike down into the wash to find this canyon.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The slot canyons of southern Utah come in a wide variety of shapes, colors, and textures. It’s amazing how each canyon can be so different from the next, despite being separated by fairly small distances. While on a camping trip near the town of Escalante, I had the opportunity to visit a number of these wondrous slot canyons, some of them wide and ambling and orange, others tight and technical and purple. But my favorite by far was Zebra canyon, a narrow and twisting slot so named because of the gorgeous stripes that line the canyon walls.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24mm, Manfrotto Tripod, Acratech Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 196 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!