Morning Reflections On Artist's Point
- Title: Morning Reflections On Artist's Point
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Artist's Point
- Nearest Town: Grand Marais, Minnesota
- Brief Directions: From Highway 61 turn south onto Broadway at Grand Marais' only stoplight. Park near the Coast Guard building and follow the signs to Artist's Point.
- GPS Longitude: 90.329281
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The eastern point of Artist's Point reaches out towards two rocks that just break Lake Superior surface. Artist's Point sticks out into Lake Superior and also provides a view of the sunset over the Sawtooth Mountains to the west. The best time to visit is late fall and winter because the sun rises and sets over the big lake. In winter, the frigid air causes the open water to evaporate into sea smoke, a light to heavy fog that sways in the wind. Here a light swell causes the Lake Superior water to blur while the water in the puddle remains calm and reflects the blue sky above.
- Gear: Nikon D200, Nikon 12-24 DX, Singh-Ray Daryl Benson Reverse Neutral Density Graduated Filters 3-stop, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, and big heavy tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 159 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!