The Common Clearwing
- Title: The Common Clearwing
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Milwaukee
- Nearest Town: Wauwatosa
- Brief Directions: In the heart of Wauwatosa's "Village" along the Menomonee River parkway, Wisconsin.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Hummingbird Moth, or Common Clearwing, is often found gathering Nectar from wild Bergamot and other blossoms in high Summer, both in gardens and in wild areas alike. They are fast moving but fairly predictable, often coming back to same patch of flowers day after day. I photographed this specimen at Jacobus park, near Honey Creek in Wauwatosa, WI., where they have re-established a stand of Native plant species.
- Gear: Canon 50D and Canon 28-135mm EF IS USM lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!