- Title: A Spiritual Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: For many years I've stared at this location, but only behind glass and inside a frame. Always crossing my fingers I would have my chance at that special opportunity to experience this amazing place for myself.
Then finally, that opportunity arose. I made my plans, located the area and took a hike, twice actually. The first evening, I shot from 5 pm to 1 am, soaking up every bit of detail I could cram into my little brain. So as to never forget such a unique and historic place.
There was only one issue, the evening wasn't what I had pictured in my head for my shot. So, the following evening I returned to not only be greeted by an extremely hospitable German native named Peter Sierla, that by the way allowed me to shoot this with his 24mm f/3.5 TS-E, but the sunset I had been waiting for.
The temperature, the lighting, the location, the company, everything was just........perfect.
I'll never forget this evening.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24mm f/3.5 TS-E, Gitzo GT0531 Mountaineer 6X Tripod, RRS BH-30 LR Ballhead, B+W KSM C-PL
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2868 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!