Hope Valley Aspen Grove
- Title: Hope Valley Aspen Grove
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hope Valley/Carson river/Kirkwood
- Nearest Town: Tahoe
- Brief Directions: hwy 88 to hwy 89 intersection in alpine county
- GPS Longitude: 119
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Fall is the best time to visit the west slope of the Sierra Nevada Mt. Range. The west slope drops down onto the California side into the gold country. Hope Valley is an area between Lake Tahoe and Amador county. It is my favorite area to photograph fall colors. If you pull off the main hwy 88 into a camp area and drive way to the back until you can't go any farther and then get out and hike, you will come to a little oasis of an aspen grove. A river trickles down in late summer early fall but in winter, it must be quite the runoff. It creates a marshy soggy grassy meadow with fallen aspens and where marshy foliage flourish. This grove is like a huge coldesac of color in the fall! This year the color was not as vibrant as it has been int he past. 2005 was a fluorescent year.
- Gear: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi, sigma gold 10-20mm, gitzo carbon fiber tripod, circular polarizer.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 235 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!