Eye Of The Volcano
- Title: Eye Of The Volcano
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone
- Brief Directions: Yellowstone's Grand Prismatic Spring weeps color and steams in the 11 degree morning sun.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The grand prismatic spring looks like an eye with make up gone awry and pine boles for eyelashes. The 11 degree F day let vapor form above the pool while the thermalindicative bacteria outlined the margins where water temperature waned as it flowed from they turqoise center of the spring that is heated by North Americas largest volcano. the people on the boardwalk show how insignificant we are compared to the sleeping giant.
- Gear: Sony A580 Minolta 28-85 zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 38 times
, Exotic Places
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!