Color Greeting Night
- Title: Color Greeting Night
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: In an ancient and remote place in Canyonlands, the sun had long set. Color was still in the clouds as the stars of the night came out. The wind of the day was gone and only silence greeted the ruins before me.
I have visited this special place numerous times before and after but nothing else has captured my imagination like this night. The sunset was pure magic and intense color lasted for over an hour. As it was getting too dark to see I painted the interior of the alcove with light in preparation for star photography. I as I created my first exposure my camera saw what I did not, the color of sunset was still going! I couldn't have asked for a better combo with the color, amazing location, stars and Jupiter shining bright above. This image captures the essence of what it's like to be at False Kiva better than any words can.
- Gear: Sony a900 w/ Zeiss 16-35mm f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 122 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!