- Title: Caldron Of Gold
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Haden Valley, Yellowstone NP
- Nearest Town: Cody
- Brief Directions: Yellowstone NP, Sulphur Caldron is located between Fishing and Canyon Villages
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Had finished shooting sunrise in Haden Valley and was passing through the Sulphur Caldron area, noticed the the sun had just risen above the mountains and was shining through the fog and steam on the Yellowstone River which made for some interesting lighting. Stopped and managed a few shots before the fog lifted enough so the lighting effect was gone. Even shooting into the sun still had to under expose the shot by 1 full stop to achieve a resonable lighting balance.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 24-105mm Zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 345 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!