Clearing Autumn Storm
- Title: Clearing Autumn Storm
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Owl Creek Pass
- Nearest Town: Ridgway
- Brief Directions: From Cimarron, Colorado, head up to Owl Creek Pass along a dirt forest road. Take this road through to Ridgway, if you desire, for spectacular, non-stop vistas of fall foliage.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The giant aspen forests of western Colorado in autumn put on a spectacular display of color. I was driving up toward Owl Creek Pass in a rainstorm when I spotted this wonderful formation that is part of the Cimarron Range emerging from the mist. I waited for the rain to let up a bit and got this shot of the aspen fall colors up against the chocolate brown of the rock just as the mist dissipated enough to reveal the top of the formation.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II; Gitzo tripod with Really Right Stuff ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 38 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!