- Title: Alone
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mcgee creek
- Nearest Town: mammoth lakes
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: If there were ever an image that showcased an intense sense of feeling for me than this was it. The title pretty much sums it up. Standing here alone in the pre sunrise glow in the cool crisp eastern sierra air beneath these beautiful mountains is something I won't soon forget. These bright yellow mule ears caught my attention and I searched for the perfect plant to photograph. Believe it or not, the exposure times started at roughly 20 seconds, and I had to worry about the slight breeze swaying the flowers around. After the light broke over the horizon, I was able to get the exposure to less than 5 seconds and I tried my best to block any sort of wind from blowing the flowers around. I was hoping there would be clouds, but even without them this ended up being a very colorful scene. With nobody around for miles, the only sounds being the morning breeze and distant rushing water of Mcgee creek I truly felt as if I was the first person to view this landscape. It was true bliss and one of the few moments where I truly and spiritually connected with nature. Everyone should experience a morning like this.
- Gear: Canon 7d 17-40mmL @17mm benro tripod singh ray 2 stop and 3 stop GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 170 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!