Layers: Petrified Forest National Park
- Title: Layers: Petrified Forest National Park
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Northeastern Arizona
- Nearest Town: Holbrook, AZ
- Brief Directions: Petrified Forest National Park is located in northeastern Arizona, about 50 miles from the New Mexico border on Interstate 40.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Petrified Forest National Park was nothing like what I expected! Besides the petrified wood, petroglyphs,fossils,ancient ruins and desert wildlife, my favorite part was the amazing layers of sediment that create a stunning vista of colorful 'badlands'. A real gem of a national park that doesn't get a lot of mention, and should!
This Photo Has Been Viewed 21 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!