Fall In The Great Smokies
- Title: Fall In The Great Smokies
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Nearest Town: Cherokee
- GPS Longitude: 35
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I left camp early this morning to head up to Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the park. But as I neared the end of the road, the clouds became too thick to see the sunrise. So, I found this turnout with a tiny view through the trees and joined another photographer from Boston for this sunrise. This sky show lasted for about an hour and we just couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was.
- Gear: Nikon D3100 with Nikkor 18-55mm lens and circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 147 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!