- Title: Breakfeast
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Nearest Town: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was driving back from a sunrise shot of Bear Lake when I noticed this huge lone elk standing by the side of the road grazing. I was able to get in fairly close as there was a swing metal gate between myself and the Elk. I chose this particular shot for a few reasons: the Elk was molting on the other side, although very cool looking, with the peeling fur, it was a bit gruesome. I also enjoyed the composition of this with the few flowers left from the autumn season and the main focus on the large antler filling the frame.
- Gear: Nikon D800e Nikkor 70-200 F2.8 @ 200mm F2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 50 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!