Magnolia Seed Pod
- Title: Magnolia Seed Pod
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Fernando Valley
- Nearest Town: West Hills
- Brief Directions: From Los Angeles, go west on Hwy. 101 to Valley Circle Dr. Go north to Roscoe Rd., make a left and Orcutt Ranch will be on the right. Entrance to the ranch is free.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This image was taken at Orcutt Ranch northwest of Los Angeles. In autumn the seed pods of the magnolia tree are still attached and make for interesting patterns both in color and in B&W. The area is surrounded with citrus groves, rose bushes, pines, sycamores, and magnolia trees. In autumn, very little light gets to the lower branches so the images require a tripod for adequate exposure.
- Gear: Nikon D80 with 80-200mm Nikkor lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 142 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!