West Fork Reflections
- Title: West Fork Reflections
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: West Fork of Oak Creek in Oak Creek Canyon
- Nearest Town: Sedona
- Brief Directions: Take Hwy. 89 north out of Sedona toward Flagstaff through Oak Creek Canyon. About 12 miles (two miles past Slide Rock State Park) there is a parking area to the left of the highway. It is not well marked.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Autumn in Oak Creek Canyon is spectacular. The river flows year around and with the maples, sycamores, walnuts, sumacs, and other deciduous trees in full fall plumage, the opportunities for magnificent reds, yellows, and greens are in abundance. This was shot at a still spot in the West Fork. I used spot metering with a K3350 white balance at f/4.9.
- Gear: Nikon D300s with Nikkor 18-200 VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 91 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!