Painted Hills In John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Title: Painted Hills In John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Nearest Town: Mitchell
- Brief Directions: Approximately 3 miles south of the town of Mitchell, Oregon on Oregon Hwy 26. Well signed for Painted Hills Unit of John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. Turn West on county road for approximately 5 miles and then South at signed park entrance.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Panorama of the Painted Hills unit of the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. Taken following first of Fall rains which bring out the varied and briliant color.
- Gear: Nikon D300 w/ 18-200 Nikon lens, FanCiev tripod w/ Manfroto 808RC4 Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 40 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!