- Title: Gooseberry Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southwest Utah
- Nearest Town: Virgin Utah
- Brief Directions: Make sure you have a good high clearance vehicle. You will go to Hurricane, UT pronounced Hurrikun down here.
Go east on hwy 59 past Apple Valley and you will have driven past gooseberry for the last 5 miles (on the North side of the hwy). By the way--get a map because there are a maze of roads on the mesa.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Gooseberry Mesa is a favorite mountain biking mecca in Southern Utah. The trail goes around the rim of the mesa and offers spectacular views.
I dropped over the edge of the mesa and found a large overhang to frame this shot.
This was shot at a wide 12 mm, I back flashed to put a bit of light to the overhang without making it look too light.
- Gear: Canon 50d, Tokina 12-24mm, Monfrotto Tripod and Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 34 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!