Peyto Lake And Beyond
- Title: Peyto Lake And Beyond
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park/Columbia Icefields
- Nearest Town: Lake Louise
- Brief Directions: From Lake Louise take Rt 93 towards the Columbia Icefields. The Bow Summit Trailhead will be on the left after about 30 minutes of driving.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was in the Columbia Icefields for a few weeks between chemotherapy sessions shooting some scientific research...and was determined to get in at least one "easy" hike, besides climbing up the Athabasca Glacier. I picked the Bow Summit Trail which has a lovely view of Peyto Lake from the top. I had plenty of time to rest at the top, waiting to get a shot that wasn't full of people! I am so glad that I pushed myself.
- Gear: Canon 5d Mark II
This Photo Has Been Viewed 76 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!