- Title: Fallen Roof Ruin
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Road Canyon
- Nearest Town: Mexican Hat
- Brief Directions: On UT 261, about 13 miles south of UT95, almost a mile past milepost 20 turn left on Cigarette Spring Road CR239 just opposite Government Trail Road. Pay your fee at the trailhead about 1 mile in and continue for 2.4 miles to a spur road on your left. Go north for a few hundred feet to a obvious pullout. Follow the well-trod .3 mile footpath taking you to an entry point into a side canyon. Descend the steep slop to this side canyon. Contineu E-NE for a whle until the side canyon meets Road Canyon. Make sure you mark this junction and turn right into Road Canyon. A few hundred yards from the last turn a tall hoodoo will come into view on the left side. Start looking up from this point at the ruin is 100 feet up above the canyon floor.
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Fallen Roof Ruin is in Road Canyon which contains some remarkable Ancient Puebloan dwellings.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Vanguard Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 113 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!