Autumn In The Narrows
- Title: Autumn In The Narrows
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Brief Directions: Go up the Narrows for about a mile. This is right where the Narrows makes a 90+ degree turn.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This one I almost missed. I noticed the maple right away and crossed the river to get to it. I took a lot of shots from rocky shore in front, all junk, and continued upstream. Several hours later I was exhausted and coming back down, following a group of photographers. They crossed the river upstream of this location so I followed them, which placed me on the other side of the river this time. They saw a buck just to the left of this scene and were all shooting it when I saw this. I was so tired I wasn't sure if I wanted to unpack all my stuff yet again (everything is double packed in dry bags) but I did and only took this one shot. I think it's my favorite one so far. Makes me wonder what else I missed since this one almost eluded me!
- Gear: Canon 5DMkIII
This Photo Has Been Viewed 81 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!