White Pocket Sunset
- Title: White Pocket Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermillion Cliffs National Moniment
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: Difficult to get to, requires high clerance 4WD vehicle due to the deep sand roads you must get through then you will need to camp over night if you want sunset or sunrise shots. No services in this remote area and cell phones do not work.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The White Pocket area is a spectacular exposure of red, yellow, pink and white contorted sedimentary rock laters. The bedrock here consisits of the Early Jurassic age Navajo Sandstone. The Navajo Sandstone is composed of frosted, well-rounded, fine-to-medium-grained quartz cemented by calcium carbonate.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, EF-17-40L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 86 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!