- Title: Venice Beach
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Los Angeles
- Nearest Town: Venice
- Brief Directions: Venice Beach
1800 Ocean Front Walk,
Venice, CA 90291
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: You haven't seen it all until you've seen Venice! There is a sandy three-mile beach here, but that is not what attracts visitors. You go to Venice to shop and gawk. During the summer season and on weekends, there is street entertainment at every intersection along Ocean Front Walk. Street performers include instrumental musicians, singers, jugglers, acrobats, mimes, comics, magicians, prophets, fortune tellers, and other assorted entertainers. You will see people with tricolor hairdos, painted faces, weird tattoos, and outlandish clothing--or lack of it.
The Boardwalk is a virtual sidewalk circus, a walk 'n' rolling skin show. There are lots of funky shops, too, if you want to eat out of the ordinary or buy an unusual souvenir or T-shirt. There are courts for basketball, handball, shuffleboard and paddle tennis. Muscle Beach is a special area where fanatic bodybuilders pump iron in a public show of strength.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Singh-Ray Color Combo
This Photo Has Been Viewed 49 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!