Ocean View Fishing Pier
- Title: Ocean View Fishing Pier
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Willoughby Spit
- Nearest Town: Norfolk
- Brief Directions: 400 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA
- GPS Longitude: 76.2592066667
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Minimal Post Processing (White Balance and Sharpening).
This image DOES require a description of the technique used and why this is a valid entry.
I wanted to demonstrate the Additive Theory of Color:
(from Wikipedia) "First described by James Clark Maxwell in the mid 1800s, the color additive theory describes how be perceive color and how they are created. Essentially white light is a combination of many different colors, a continuum of wavelengths organized into "bands" which we label with names (blue, green, red etc). When equal parts of each of the three major bands are combined you get white light. White light is the sum of red, green and blue. This is additive color."
This is a triple exposure. One exposure with the Red filter, One with the Blue and one with the Green.
Anything NOT in motion is shown in it's normal colors, while everything in motion shows all of the possible colors that can be shown in this limited color space.
These are the colors found in nature presented in their natural state; albeit through three overlapping exposures on the same image (Not 3 images layered in Photoshop. This is done in the camera, itself.).
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Tiffen Red25, Tiffen Blue 47, Tiffen Green 58, Gitzo GT2541EX, Induro PHQ1
This Photo Has Been Viewed 47 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!