Bubble Pond, Acadia National Park
- Title: Bubble Pond, Acadia National Park
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Desert Island, Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor, Maine
- Brief Directions: From Boston take I-95 north to Augusta, Maine, then Route 3 east to Ellsworth and on to Mount Desert Island.
For an alternate route, continue on I-95 north to Bangor, Maine, then take Route 1A east to Ellsworth. In Ellsworth, take Route 3 to Mount Desert Island.
- GPS Longitude: -68.251892
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: In this image, I wanted to show the rugged pink rocks by the edge of the Pond. It was a rainy, foggy and overcast day. I was able to take a few photographs under the drizzly rain because I was standing under a tree. Soon after we left, it started to rain heavily.
A gorgeous little pond, nestled between rounded mountains.
Bubble Pond seems to run north to south. As a matter of fact, all of the bodies of water on Mount Desert Island do the same. During the ice ages, massive sheets of ice as much as 2 miles high, moved ever so slowly across this land in a southerly direction, scooping out the low areas and shearing off the mountain tops leaving them rounded rather than pointed.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7D, Canon Lens EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 48 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!