Hunter's Beach, Acadia National Park
- Title: Hunter's Beach, Acadia National Park
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Desert Island, Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor, Maine
- Brief Directions: From Boston take I-95 north to Augusta, Maine, then Route 3 east to Ellsworth and on to Mount Desert Island.
For an alternate route, continue on I-95 north to Bangor, Maine, then take Route 1A east to Ellsworth. In Ellsworth, take Route 3 to Mount Desert Island.
- GPS Longitude: -68.20806
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A nice secluded beach nestled in a little cove on the side of Mount Desert Island in Acadia National Park, Maine.
Where Hunters Brook empties into the Atlantic Ocean offers a quintessential picture of what this coastal island is all about .
The shore is covered with unique rounded rocks that make interesting sounds when the surf comes in and then pulls the rocks over each other like a huge pile of granite marbles.
I would like to thank John C. House for suggesting to see this scenic cobblestone beach. Please visit his photostream, John's photographs are a work of art.
- Gear: Canonr EOS 7D, Canon Lens EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 76 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!