South Tufa Evening Wedge And Star Trails (the Trinity)
- Title: South Tufa Evening Wedge And Star Trails (the Trinity)
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake Basin
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Turn East off Hwy 395 onto Hwy 120, travel 5 miles and you will see signs to the South Tufa formations
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: A previous attempt of a single 2 hour exposure rendered a dissatisfying result. Stacking 24 X 5 minute images and a foreground image produced the result I was looking for. I gravitated to this spot because the three tufa formations reminded me of statues forming a trinity of stone.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35 2.8 L lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 60 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!