- Title: Old Paria Townsite
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Staircase Escalante
- Nearest Town: Big Water, UT
- Brief Directions: Take Hwy. 89 from Page, AZ west toward Kanab, UT and follow the signs to the 6 mile dirt road between mile markers 31 and 32. Four wheel drive is needed to navigate the deep sandy road off the highway and it is not recommended during rain.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The historic townsite of Paria sits near the Paria River in the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument just west of Page, AZ. It is surrounded by a desolate, yet beautifully painted desert. There is not much left of the town except for a cemetary and this one juniper tree that provides the only shade for weary travelers and tourists in a very hot and dusty desert environment.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-200 mm at f\20
This Photo Has Been Viewed 88 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!