- Title: Wild Lupine
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coconino National Forest
- Nearest Town: Flagstaff, AZ
- Brief Directions: Take I-17 north into Flagstaff. Once you reach Flagstaff, I-17 becomes Milton Road. Continue driving north for 3 miles. Milton Road will go under the railroad tracks and the road will bear to the right. Take a left at the first stop light (Humphreys Street). At the third stop light (Hwy 180), turn left again and continue on Hwy. 180 until you are out of town. Park at any trailhead along the road and hike into the forest.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was excited to be in Flagstaff during the late summer when all sorts of yellow flowers were in bloom, but to my surprise, I found these wild blue lupines on the forest floor. I felt blessed by such a rare find and got right down on the ground with them to take this photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Tokina 11-16 mm at f\11
This Photo Has Been Viewed 42 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!